Bespoke Steel Rope Structure
- How it Works
- Watch Video
The structure was designed to continue the circular theme on the site at Elephant and Castle and provide a new way and challenging way of using play ropes that has never been done before.
As with the treehouse on the same sight, this structure was positioned on a root protection zone and therefore had to be engineered to withstand the potential forces involved with the rope, whilst not disturbing the ground below. This was done by using a combination of 1200mm depth spiral anchors.
The rolled tubular sections were installed around the existing tree to give the impression that the tree had grown through the structure. A natural and industrial combination working seamlessly together.
The steel frame gives additional option for the future too. The plan is to modify the the rope placements and fixing to provide a new design every few years. Constantly updating and providing new challenges for year to come
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.