Brandlehow Primary School Treehouse Playground
- How it Works
- Watch Video
Custom Made Treehouse Climbing Frame
Brandlehow Primary School were in the process of having a new nursery built and wanted to install wooden playground equipment that would be in keeping with the new building.
Team 51.5 Degrees’ Architects, who had designed the main building, designed a great wooden playground that maximised the potential of the space next to the nursery. Their model was created to give the client the best impression of what we had planned. The model was then drafted into shop drawings and included a sweeping spiral ramp, fireman’s pole, seating, musical instruments, musical mushrooms, a rope bridge, internal sandpit, balancing logs, stepping stumps, a den underneath and a hammock between two trees.
Turf was laid with a combination of ground stabilising mesh and safety matting to provide a robust but natural play surface. The end product is a beautiful playground, in keeping with the building, which all the children love.
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.