Drapers Field Playground
- How it Works
- Watch Video
Drapers Field Playground, London
Drapers Field Playground was redeveloped as part of the Olympic Legacy project. The design by Kinnear Landscape Architects uses topography and planting to create a rolling alpine landscape with large timber play equipment dotted throughout. Children have a great time exploring the landscape between the rolling mounds and create their own routes between the bespoke playground equipment dotted around the park. The great visibility across the park allows parents to sit in comfort whilst their children run off and play safely.
We worked closely with Kinnear to create bespoke wooden playground equipment that consisted of cantilever swings, basket swings, balancing see-saws, slides, balance and stepping logs, climbing trees, climbing nets, trampolines and slides. All of the playground equipment was made out of large sections of green oak and robinia. The contrasting vivid colour of the painted orange beams gives the perfect amount of vibrancy to the play area, catching the eye of people travelling along the road next to it.
The end product is an imaginative playground landscape which gives a fantastic variety of play opportunities for children of all ages. A fantastic success for the local community.
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.