Old Ford Primary School Bespoke Playground
- How it Works
- Watch Video
Bespoke Climbing Frame, London
The project was designed through a client led process for Old Ford Primary School in Bow, London. It was designed for children in years 3-4 and was built in 3 weeks over the Easter Holidays. The design consists of a large bespoke wooden climbing structure with multiple platforms, a ramp, tunnels, den, balance beams, stepping logs, climbing nets, monkey bars, slide, climbing ropes, a fireman’s pole and lookout point. The safety surface is coloured wet-pour with mounds added to increase the play utility.
The climbing frame is built out of a green oak structural frame, larch substructure, decking, balustrades and stainless steel fixings. The final product looks amazing and the students, parents and teachers love it. We believe bespoke playground equipment often makes the most of space and well maximise its potential.
If you would like a bespoke playground designed specifically for you then please get in touch. We offer a free consultation to help discover your exact needs and design playground equipment that that inspires for years to come.
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.