Nursery School Playground
- How it Works
- Watch Video
Bespoke Nursery School Playground
The school staff wanted to install a bespoke timber playground for their nursery and reception, that would introduce a natural green feel into the their playground. Careful thought was put into the bespoke design that would tackle all areas of need and keep in harmony with the schools Victorian architecture. Turning what was a stark play environment, into an inviting oasis for children.
The bespoke design consisted of a play tower with climbing ramp, slide and nets; sand pit and natural den; balancing logs and stepping stumps; a decked stage with musical instruments; mirrors and blackboards; planters and a planting bed; role play village; water troughs; play shop; cupboards and storage; tables and natural oak seats; and a bridge. It was built from a combination of larch, sawn oak and natural oak. This combined with coloured wet pour, tiger mulch and extensive planting helped to soften the area.
The timber playground equipment was integrated into the larch fence line and new canopy to create a coherent scheme for the entire nursery/reception outdoor space. Larch has a wonderful warm colour to it and is a natural antiseptic. This makes it a great natural and eco-friendly material, perfect for nursery school playgrounds.
If you have a nursery school playground that needs new life to be breathed into it, please get in touch for your free consultation
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.