Chatham Historical Dockyard
- How it Works
- Watch Video
Chatham Historical Dockyard Playground
Chatham Historical Dockyard wanted a bespoke playground that would encapsulate the spirit of the world famous and historically significant site. Landscape architects MOH produced this fantastic design that creates excitement and fond lasting memories for all who visit.
We worked from a layout and conceptual design to create shop drawings that were engineered and constructed off site in our workshop. The bespoke playground equipment was then taken to the site in a modular state for installation. By constructing in this way, we achieved a high finish and reduced time on site. We can supply main contractors with bespoke playground items for installation by themselves, or by the PlayEquip installation team. We are specialists in taking your conceptual drawings and turning them into engineered, safe, fun and functional bespoke playground equipment that is EN 1176 compliant.
The design incorporated aspects of the dockyard including :-
- Mast and steel core rigging
- A bespoke climbing frame that mirrors the design surrounding buildings
- Water play features that run the length of the playground
- Ship telephones
- Rope cocoon seat
- Giant group swing
- Steel portholes
- Thick balance rope
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.