Cypress School Play Ramp
- How it Works
- Watch Video
Bespoke Playground Design for Cypress School Play Ramp
Cypress play ramp is a fantastic example of how a good playground design can make the most of an awkward space and put it to good use. Bespoke playground design and construction can be the most cost effective approach to developing a schools outdoor space.
The play ramp opened up a previously unused piece of land next to the school building and created a fun new way to access the green space below. This project highlights what intelligent and considerate design can do when implemented well.
Built using slow grown larch, the whole structure sits on one solid raft slab to maintain the solid structure.
Play Ramp Features
- Climbing ramp with rope
- Ball and toy car runs
- Play tunnels
- Outdoor musical instruments
- Buggy storage
- Climbing net
- Hidden dens
This project was designed by Erect Architecture and built by PlayEquip during the school summer holidays.
The Bespoke Design Process
- Free consultation. Over a cup of tea, we can discuss ideas, possible solutions and utilise our expertise in bespoke play design to come up with the most inspiring, creative, fun and safe ideas possible.
- We then provide you with a free conceptual drawing and cost for your review.
- Finer details of the climbing frames are then discussed and confirmed.
- The construction of your custom climbing frame, or play structure is then started in our UK workshop by our highly skilled specialist craftsmen. This also means that our lead times for installation are short. We aim to have our bespoke climbing frames within 5-6 weeks depending on their complexity from commission.
- Constant review is made in construction by our in-house play safety experts.
- The modular pieces are then shipped to site for installation by our team or by your own.